Friday, December 13, 2013

Introduction, Themes and Blog Title

What you will find, in the coming months, on the pages of this blog, are the notes and maps of a journey in progress: that of me, freshly minted PhD in History of Art at the University of Edinburgh, as I move the first steps in the world of academic writing - and, hopefully, publishing.

You can also find me on academia.edu (https://edinburgh.academia.edu/CristianoAgostino), where my CV is also available.

This blog will include thoughts, works in progress, comments and reviews of material around my research in museum studies, with a particular interest in digital museology, philosophy of online museum-visitor interaction, the impact of technology on the online visualisation of museum materials, and alternative approaches to museum studies (hence the title). Occasionally the topic might switch to popular Japanese media, my second academic interest.

Hopefully, you will find the material presented here relevant and interesting, and will stick around for the long haul. For comments, please contact me at christonurpcatgmaildotcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Caffè Arti e Mestieri

 Strange stuff you find sometimes in thrift shops. There is one such shop pretty close to where I live, and I sometimes wander there to see ...