Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Free Museum Course for You

I have enrolled into the free online course, offered by the University of Leicester's School of Museum Studies in collaboration with the National Museum Liverpool on the Futurelearn Platform, titled 'Behind the Scenes at the 21st Century Museum'. While there is still little information out on the actual contents of the course, I have been a guest of the fine museum people at Leicester more than once (including their recent Museum Alive! conference), and have no doubt that the course will be informative to professionals, academics and the curious alike. It will be particularly interesting to see, I think, how these different audiences respond to the same educational content - maybe there will be a way to gauge interest and responses?

The course starts on June 1, so there is still plenty of time to enroll. If the contents warrant it (which is more or less guaranteed) I will blog about it in some form or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Caffè Arti e Mestieri

 Strange stuff you find sometimes in thrift shops. There is one such shop pretty close to where I live, and I sometimes wander there to see ...