Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Dōjinshi - November Haul




Another fairly small haul - a lot of my favorite circles, including Heikinritsu, haven't released anything new in a while so I have been exploring my wishlist a bit.

The big, light blue one is an anthology by long defunct circle SELFISH GENE, which I have reviewed in the past. It's actually a photography collection, some stuff has appeared in other dōjinshi but in a very edited form. Very nicely designed, it includes a DVD (which doesn't seem to work, more on this later).

Then I also knocked off my list Heterodox Muse, an Ikaruga dōjinshi by 'Can't HUE' I have been eyeing for a while mostly due to its stunning cover. I was not disappointed, it's actually not an artbook but a fairly long manga drawn in a very idiosyncratic style, very Tsutomu Nihei-ish. I really hope my Japanese is up to snuff (which reminds me, I have my N4 in less than a week..."

Finally, Massive Artifact is a short '2d chara in photo background' dōjinshi by the relatively unknown COSMIC FORGE, whose usual offerings range from Touhou fanbooks to those 'food guide' thingies I love so much. Design wise it doesn't disappoint, but it's definitely the one I'm still on the fence about, so I'm reserving final judgment until review time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Caffè Arti e Mestieri

 Strange stuff you find sometimes in thrift shops. There is one such shop pretty close to where I live, and I sometimes wander there to see ...