Hello there! very busy with my MA thesis at the moment, but I always manage to find some time for a good dōjinshi...
Here is another one from a dōjinka who is now a pro and then some. Yoshiyuki Nishi has quite the pedigree, having been assistant to Takeshi Obata and Murata Yusuke among others -- not to mention a series of commercial serializations, such as "Muhyo and Rouji Supernatural Bureau of Investigation" which was seralized in Shuukan Shounen Jump. However, as of today, Nishi still regularly publishes dōjin works, the most recent being 噂のママは今宵も妖しくぽぽと鳴く, which I do not have but looks pretty cool so far (not a fan of huge milkers but hey, everything is good in moderation).
Today, however, we're travelling back in time, as we have a dōjinshi from exactly ten years ago. It was 2016 when Nishi published クラウディアの花園, a B&W, A4, 20 pages story about... a school for nymphs. Or, to be more exact, 仙女 (sennyo), which could also mean a female sage or hermit, though I'd propend more for the first translation, as these few pages depict the antics of two frolicking girls who clearly possess magical powers -- which they use to catch fish, nurture trees, and have that sort of very polite yuri shenanigans going-on which... is cool, I guess; at least for me, as I'm somewhat a fan of the genre.
Nishi had already been a professional for a while when this one came out, so as expected their tract is of very high quality - extrememly polished, and with a light, whimsical touch that really brings the busty but lithe female characters to life. Definitely a recognizable style.
The book is apparently part of a series of two (follow up being ヤトとゴルジュの冬支度) which I might grab if I get the chance. As usual, an interesting work that we have here, though a bit on the short side. Worth a look.
Also, for a change, the dōjinka is not a hermit or something, and actually has quite an online presence, though they could use updating their YouTube channel...



Comments
Post a Comment